||Address: Elite Mission Hospital Koorkenchery Trichur Kerala 680007 India
Phone: 91 487 2381520
Fax: 91 487 2424322
|CO-CHAIR:||Russell Franco D’Souza||Address: Melbourne University 185 Cooper Street Epping 57A Nepean Highway
Melbourne 3070 Australia
Phone: 61 3 8405 8885
Fax: 61 3 8405 8892
Address: Faculty of Old Age Psychiatry Royal College of Psychiatrists Nottinghamshire
>> Please click here to see the Section Members list
- 21 - 26 July, First Child & Adolescent Skill Training Program: Report
- Section actively collaborated:
First World Congress of Asian Psychiatry in Goa, India
2nd Aug. – 5th Aug, 2007
Organised by South Asian Forum on Mental Health & Psychiatry International
In collaboration WPA Section on Psychiatry in Developing Countries
- The Section’s first international meeting (from February 15-19th 2007) was a historic event in Lahore (Pakistan) that attracted the key players in the field of mental health from all over the world. The conference was organized by WPA Section on Psychiatry in Developing Countries and South Asian Forum on Mental Health and Psychiatry in collaboration with BIA and Asian Division of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Asian Federation of Psychiatric Association, World Association of Psychosocial Rehabilitation, World Federation of Mental Health and Pakistan Psychiatric Society. Read more in newsletter.
- Collaboration with Midlands Psychiatric Research Group’s annual meeting at Coventry, UK on 14-16th June 2007.
- Joint Symposium with WPA Section on Psychiatric Rehabilitation in the Congress of Psychiatric Association for Eastern Europe & the Balkans (PAEEB) held in Thessaloniki, Greece on 21-23 September 2007. Section was a collaborating group in this important meeting. Please have a look at the PAEEB website www.paeeb.com.
- Symposium in WPA Regional meeting Shanghai, China Sept 2007.
- Symposium in WPA International meeting at Melbourne, Australia Nov 2007.
>> Please click here to read about the article: Mental Health in Fiji undergoes a Paradigm Shift in 2011 to Stress Management, after 127 years