|CHAIR:||Roy Abraham Kallivayalil
Address: Pushpagiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Tiruvalla, Kerala- 689 101, India
Mob: 91 94470 20020
||Address: Clinical Lecturer in Psychiatry University of Nottingham, UK
Phone: 44 7971266051/306937121482
||Address: Moscow Research Institute of Psychiatry Poteshnaya, 3 107076 Moscow Russia
Phone: 7 916 959 6507
Founder and first president Prof. George N. Christodoulou (Greece) (1996)
>> Please click here to see the Section Members list.
- Promotion in three levels of psychiatric prevention
- Collection and dissemination of information on psychiatric prevention
- Cooperation with the various sections of the WPA (on community psychiatry, epidemiology, ecology, environment and mental health, rehabilitation, mass media)
- Encouragement of involvement of colleagues from all over the world in the Section so that transcultural aspects of psychiatric prevention can be looked into
- Cooperation with scientific associations and international organizations dealing with preventive psychiatry
- Organisation of scientific meetings
- Organisation of symposia at the world congresses or regional symposia of the WPA
- Editing of scientific books based on scientific meetings or symposia organised by the Section
- Advances in Psychiatry, Volume 3, edited by Prof George Christodoulou, Prof. Miguel Jorge, Prof. Juan Mezzich
- Mental Health in Emergencies
- Book of the Section: "Issues in Preventive Psychiatry", Eds. G. N. Christodoulou, D. Lecic-Tosevski, V. Kontaxakis (Bibiotheca Psychiatrica, Karger, Bazel, 1999)
- Chapter in "Recent Advances in Psychiatry", comprising of contributions of all other sections, edited by G. Christodoulou, Secretary for Sections.
- Contribution to the Sections’ New Bulletin, edited by G. Christodoulou, Secretary for Sections.
- Recovery and Mental Health Promotion, by Margit Schmolke (Munich). Paper presented at the World Congress of Psychiatry of WPA, Cairo, September 10-15, 2005, Section Symposium on "Recovery, Hope and Schizophrenia" of the WPA Section on Preventive Psychiatry
- The Concept of Resilience in Psychological Research, by Margit Schmolke (Munich). Paper presented at the World Congress of Psychiatry of WPA, Cairo, September 10-15, 2005, at the Inter-Sectional Symposium including the WPA Sections on Preventive Psychiatry, Public Policy and Psychiatry and Psychoneuroendocrinology on "Resilience in Mental Health Promotion: Interdisciplinary Perspectives