One of the main goals of the WPA is to facilitate communication among psychiatrists and between them and others involved in mental health training, research and service provision. In pursuing this goal, the WPA has established a publication program, produces educational programs and supports or organizes meetings including:
1. World Congresses of Psychiatry: this was the very first activity of the WPA in the early 50’s and still remains one of its most important tasks.
2. WPA Regional Meetings
3. WPA Regional Congresses
4. WPA Section Meetings
5. WPA Thematic Conferences
WPA is also co-sponsoring meetings organized by other organizations.
Publication of Proceedings
The Organizing Committee may wish to arrange for publication of the proceedings. The copyright of any such publication belongs to the WPA. Any request for publication other than that must be submitted through the WPA by the Secretary for Publications and the Secretary for Meetings.
The following Appendices of the Manual of Procedures define the WPA's approach to meeting organization, accreditation and sponsorship
- Appendix I - Guidelines Concerning Support from External Sources for Activities of the WPA
- Appendix J1 - Contract & Guidelines for the Organization of WPA WCP
- Appendix J2 - Contract & Guidelines for the Operation of WPA Organized-Sponsored Scientific Meetings
- Appendix J3 - Guidelines for WPA Granting Co-Sponsorship for Scientific Meetings
- Appendix K - Supplemental Information to Choose a Site for WPA Sponsored World Congresses of Psychiatry
- Appendix L1 - Accreditation of Educational Activities at WPA Scientific Meetings, Conferences and Congresses
- Appendix L2 - Accreditation of Educational Activities organized by WPA Components outside WPA Scientific Meetings
- Appendix L3 - Application WPA EN