International Association of Ethnopsychologists and Ethnopsychotherapists
- Year of organization 1998
- Countries - participants Russia, Germany, Hungary, Mongolia, Italy
- President V.Ya.Semke (Russia)
- Headquarters SI Mental Health Research Institute TSC SB RAMSci, Sosnovy Bor, 634014, Tomsk, Russia
- Tel.: 382-2-72-43-79
- Fax: 382-2-72-44-25
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.niipz.newmail.ru
The International Association of Ethnopsychologists and
Ethnopsychotherapists has been founded in 1998 for coordination of
screening-diagnosis of mental disorders in various ethnic populations
of Russia, Mongolia, Hungary and Germany.
- study of interrelations of norm and psychopathology for specialized medical assistance rendering and improvement of health of peoples of the world;
- achievement of unity of language through psychiatric classifications by integration of basic scientific investigations in psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, establishment of statistical compatibility and optimization of diagnostic criteria in various ethnoses.
- President V. Semke (Russia)
- Vice-President W. Mantler (Germany)
- Vice-President N. Bokhan (Russia)
- Secretary I. Kupriyanova (Russia)
- EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
A. Agarkov (Russia); I. Kupriyanova (Russia); P. Sidorov (Russia); H. Kunze (Germany); M. Bauer (Germany); K. Dauber (Germany); W. Pfeiffer (Germany); Fleury (Switzerland); L. Erdenebayar (Mongolia); V. Rex (Taiwan); Khiekh Kay-Feng (Taiwan); L. Soboleva (Hungary); A. Veer (Hungary); E. Akerman (Austria).
- STRUCTURE OF ASSOCIATION
Ethical Committee: H. Kunze (Germany); E. Akerman (Austria); A. Agarkov (Russia). Educational Committee: L. Soboleva (Hungary); I. Kupriyanova (Russia); K. Dauber (Germany). Research Committee: V. Mantler (Germany); N. Bokhan (Russia); L. Erdenebayar (Mongolia)
- Ethical Committee:
- Distinguishing of moral-ethical aspects of psychiatric systematic, acting within DSM IV-V, ICD-10 and Madrid declaration on the ethical standards.
- Creation of new rehabilitative programs for population with observance of ethnocultural, ethical norms of psychiatry, psychology and prevention.
- Educational Committee:
- Inclusion into educational programs of postgraduate practice of discipline of trans-cultural psychiatry - ethnopsychology and ethnopsychotherapy.
- Realization of the educational workshop "Transcultural psychiatry, psychology", July 6-8, 1999, Vladivostok
According to materials of scientific expeditions - Buryatiya (1 month); Krasnyy Yar, Primorye Territory (1 month) the cross-cultural analysis of alcoholism in Mongolian populations in Siberia has been conducted. The variability of biochemical hormonal and morphophyisiogic parameters in Mongolian ethnos of Russia has been revealed. The approaches to study of cross-cultural bases of alcoholism in Germany, Hungary, and Mongolia have been investigated. The distinctions in classification in diagnosis and organization of the specialized assistance have been identified.
- Symposium " Transcultural psychology and psychotherapy " (within XIth World Congress of WPA, Hamburg, Germany, August 6-11, 1999)
- International conference and Round Table "Relevant problems of trans-cultural psychology and psychotherapy", (Tomsk, Russia, October 7, 1999)
- September 12-14, 2001- Conference with international participation “Mental health in the XXIst century: assessment and prognoses” (Tomsk, Russia)
- Regional meetings of Association
- 1998 - Novosibirsk
- 1999 - Barnaul
- 2000 - Krasnoyarsk
- 2001 – Kemerovo
- NGO relations: Member of
- World Psychiatric Association
- World Association of Cultural Psychiatry
- Events: Participation in the First World Congress of the World Association of Cultural Psychiatry (Beijing, China, September 2006)
- Curriculum vitae:
- V.Ya. Semke
graduating in 1960 from Altay Medical Institute with excellence has
passed the way from a postgraduate student to M.D. degree, Professor.
In 1986 he has become a Corresponding Member of Academy of Medical
Sciences of USSR specialized in “psychiatry”, and in 1994 — Academician
In 1982 he has become a Deputy Director for Scientific Research of organized in Tomsk Mental Health Research Institute, up to present time is a Head of the Institute.
Basic results of study of mental pathology, its prevalence, diagnosis and pathogenetic therapy have been obtained. Influence of ethno-cultural factors on these indices has been defined; regularities of interaction of ecological factors have been identified in formation of borderline mental disorders. Bases of borderline gerontopsychiatry and crisisology, valeopsychology and clinical personology have been established, concepts of hysteric illness, pre-nosological forms, aspects of systematic, diagnosis, targeted therapy have been introduced. Models of addictological and psychiatric service have been developed. Priority investigations are carried out at an international level in the field of ecological psychiatry, ethnopsychiatry and ethnopsychology.
Accent in scientific investigations is made on fundamentality and
prioritization. Clinical aspects of prevention, valeopsychology,
personology, extra-nosological problems are studied. New forms of
psychiatric service are introduced. Modern technologies are developed
in treatment and rehabilitation (psychological, psychotherapeutic
assistance, UHF-therapy, inhalational narco-psychotherapy).
Interdepartmental collaborative contacts are strengthened. Of relevance
is development and perfection of scientific investigations and
strengthening of affiliations in Siberian region. International
activity and work is actively continued within International
Association of Ethnopsychologists and Ethnopsychotherapists. Clinic is
a base for introduction of new methods of the therapy, acupuncture,
UHF-therapy, aroma-therapy, biofeedback-therapy, change of resistance
toward the therapy with immune modulators and enterosorbents etc. have
been introduced. Clinical subdivisions of the Institute are used as a
clinical base in the pedagogical process (Chairs of Siberian State
Medical University, Tomsk State University).
V.Ya. Semke has following honorary titles:
- Academician of Russian Academy of Sciences
- Academician of the International Academy of Informatics
- Academician of the International Academy of Medical Anthropology
- Academician of Kyrgyz Academy of Sciences
- Academician of Pacific International Academy of Sciences
- President of the International Association of Ethnopsychologists and Ethnopsychotherapists
- Member of World Psychiatric Association
- Member of World Federation for Mental Health
- Member of the International College of Psychosomatic Medicine
- Member of Russian Section of German Society of Neuropathologists and Psychiatrists
- Member of WHO Commission on systematic of borderline states
- Medal “Developing of New Lands” (1958)
- Jubilee Medal “For Heroic Labor as a Memory of 100-anniversary since V.I. Lenin’s Birthday” (1970)
- Sign “Honored Physician” (1970)
- Medal of the Order of degree II “For Services in Front of Homeland” (1996)
Author of 1065 publications, 33 monographs and 2 issues of basic works “Atlas of basic mental diseases in Siberia and Far East” (1988) and “Mental health of the population of Tomsk District” (1999), for last 5 years has 340 published papers and 18 monographs, including “Psychogenias of the modern world” (2003), “Clinical psychoneuroimmunology” (2003), “Quality of life and mental health” (2004), “Mental crises and overcoming of them” (2005), “Borderline gerontopsychiatry” (2005).
Field of scientific interests: clinical and evolutionary dynamic of borderline states, theoretic-methodological problems of valeopsychology and prevention of basic mental pathology, study of their pathogenetic mechanisms, consideration of regional and ethnocultural aspects of mental health, development of scientific-organizing bases of medico-psychological, psychiatric and addictological service, creation of new re-adaptive, preventive forms and programs of rendering specialized assistance for the population.
- Nikolai A. Bokhan,
M.D., Prof., Deputy Director of SI Mental Health Research Institute,
Head of Addictive States Department, M.D., Honored Scientist of Russian
Federation. Academician of RANSci, Member of the European
BioElectromagnetics Association, Member of the World Psychiatric
Association (WPA), Vice-President of the International Association of
Ethnopsychologists and Ethnopsychotherapists. He is a Deputy Chairman
of the Problem Panel PP 53.13 “Basic Mental Diseases and Addiction
Research” of the Interdepartmental Scientific Council for Medical
Problems of Siberia, Far East and Far North; Deputy Chairman of the
Dissertation Council D 001.32.1 at Mental Health Research Institute TSC
SB RAMSci, expert of The State District Center of licensure and
certification of medical, pharmaceutical industry, Deputy Chief Editor
of the journal “Siberian Gerald of Psychiatry and Addiction
Psychiatry”, Chief not established Addictologist of Tomsk; Head of the
City Center of medical rehabilitation of drug addicts. As a Chief not
established Addictologist of Tomsk-City N.A. Bokhan has become an
organizer and supervisor of the UHF-Therapy Center and City Center of
medical rehabilitation of drug addicts.
N.A. Bokhan - author of 341 papers, out of them 146 ones for recent 5 years. Among them - 10 monographs (out of them 6 for recent 5 years), 3 chapters in the manual for physicians, 49 articles, 21 publications abroad (including 4 articles in journals: “Alcohol & Alcoholism”, “Addiktologial Kutatasok oroszorszagban”, “Sucht”), 6 methodical recommendations, 7 patents for invention (out of them 4 ones for recent 5 years).
N.A. Bokhan has made a great personal contribution into formation of regional addictological school and training of highly qualified specialists, theoretic basis of the comorbidity concept in addiction research and principles of prevention of alcoholism in general outpatient care, into the development of regional models of prevention of addictive states with introduction of new organizing forms of rehabilitation of drug addicts in Tomsk and Siberian region. He has developed new conceptual approaches to basis of the scientific trend “Comorbidity and clinical heterogeneity of addictive states: pathobiological bases and principles of the regional prevention” with development of new therapeutic strategies in alcoholism and drug addictions on the ground of biophysical and biofeedback factors.
Prof. N.A. Bokhan has conducted large work in formation of the personnel potential of Tomsk Addictological School (including 9 M.D., 25 Ph.D., 4 persons working for M.D. degree) and training of highly qualified specialists. Trends of school have been supported: by having a special purpose city Program of urgent measures of counteraction drug abuse in Tomsk, by International Grant of John Hopkins University (USA, Baltimore) “Molecular mechanisms of learning and memory in addictive behavior”. As a Professor of the Genetic and Clinical Psychology Chair of Psychology Faculty of Tomsk State University in 2000 he has prepared original courses of lectures “Bases of prevention of addictive states”, “Coping-model of addictive behavior”, “Comorbidity in addiction research”.
As a Deputy Chairman of the Problem Panel PP 53.13 “Basic mental diseases and addiction research” N.A. Bokhan coordinates trends of regional scientific investigations on the problem of addictive states including scientific-organizing aspects of the development of addictological assistance.
In 2000 Prof. N.A. Bokhan was elected for Academician RANSci, confirmed by the World Psychiatric Association as a Vice President of the International Association of Ethnopsychologists and Ethnopsychotherapists. As a Vice-President of the above mentioned Association he promotes international authority of Russian science. He has presented a report in trans-cultural addiction research at the XIth Congress of WPA in Hamburg (August 1999). He participated in World Congresses of WPA in 2002 (Yokohama, Japan), in 2005 (Cairo, Egypt) as well as in World Congress of Cultural Psychiatry in 2006 (Beijing, China).
As a Deputy Chief Editor of the scientific-practical journal “Siberian Gerald of Psychiatry and Addiction Psychiatry”, member of editorial board of “Siberian Psychological Journal” he coordinates presentation of new scientific-practical information for psychiatrists, addictologists and psychologists of the region. He is also a member of the board of editors of central journals “Addiction Research” (RAMSci, Moscow), “Psychotherapy” (Moscow), foreign journals “Questions of Addiction Research of Kazakhstan”, “Questions of Mental Medicine and Ecology” (Kazakhstan).
- V.Ya. Semke graduating in 1960 from Altay Medical Institute with excellence has passed the way from a postgraduate student to M.D. degree, Professor. In 1986 he has become a Corresponding Member of Academy of Medical Sciences of USSR specialized in “psychiatry”, and in 1994 — Academician of RAMSci.