The Indian Psychiatric Society - South Zone organized the 16th Post-graduate Training Programme at Manipal on 4-5 June 2011.
Dr. Ajith V Bhide (President, IPS Zone) presided over the training programme. Dr. Roy Abraham Kallivayalil (President-Elect, IPS) was the Chief Guest. Dr. Ashok Reddy (Secretary, IPS South Zone), Dr P Shripathi Rao (Dean), and Dr. Shripathy M. Bhat (Organizing Secretary) spoke on the occasion.
The following scientific sessions were held:
Fundamentals of classification in psychiatry and likely future directions - Speaker: Dr. Pratap Tharian
- Boundaries and their relevance to Psychiatry - by Sunitha Simon Kurpad
- Amendments to the Persons with Disabilities Act - Speaker: Prof. KS Shaji
- Amendments to the Mental Health Act - Speaker: Prof. H Chandrasekhar
- Breaking bad news – Speaker: Dr. Ajith V Bhide
- The National Trust Act - Speaker: Prof. NN Raju
- Making a diagnostic formulation - interactive session conducted by Dr. B Anand and Dr. Y C Janardhan Reddy
- Interviewing skills in different clinical situations - led by Prabha Chandra, Anju Mathew, Hema Tharoor, and Anurag Srivastava
- Techniques of Group Therapy - interactive session led by S. Rajaram and Rajani Gopinath
Nearly 200 delegates attended this highly informative and useful programme.
Roy Abraham Kallivayalil
President-Elect, Indian Psychiatric Society