Since the changes brought about after the elections in Buenos Aires, I am pleased to present the new officers of the WPA Section on Transcultural Psychiatry:
Chair: Rachid Bennegadi (email@example.com)
Co-Chair: Marianne Kastrup (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Hans Rohlof (email@example.com)
Globalization forces us to consider the aspects of mental health as well as transcultural psychiatry. Therefore, I have devoted the past few months to developing an action plan, together with the Section Officers, that identifies two objectives:
- Ensuring a continuity with actions put into place by the former Chair and Executive Committee.
- New proposals adapted to the challenges of mental health and globalisation.
Fulfilling the action plan requires several steps:
- Collecting information on clinical aspects, training and research in transcultural psychiatry, which will be made available in a databank accessible via the website. A page will also be dedicated to International Comparative Practices and Training, whereby healthcare institutions, research projects and training organizations worldwide can be identified.
- This will therefore require a complete redesign of the website, in form and content, which will be undertaken free of charge at the Françoise Minkowska Centre, by the Chair and his assistant.
- The Newsletter remains an important information tool with the aim of presenting it in other languages too.
Chair, WPA Section on Transcultural Psychiatry