The 16th Annual Conference of the International Society for Bipolar Disorders will be held in Seoul, South Korea from 18-21 March 2014 at the Seoul COEX. Seoul is an excellent world class destination for the ISBD meeting, and the heritage and tourism scene within Seoul is undeniable, with fortresses, temples, shrines, palaces, and ceremonies all vying for your attention, along with modern skyscrapers, glitzy shopping malls, and multi-media and entertainment complexes around the Itaewon, Jamsil, and Namsan area.
The program for the meeting will be equally spectacular, featuring keynote talks from many recognized leaders in the field within Asia and from around the globe. Among the speakers at the 2014 meeting will be:
- Dr. Flavio Kapczinski, Brazil, presenting on Clinical Staging in Bipolar Disorder
- Dr. Tadafumi Kato, Japan, presenting on the Neurobiological Basis of Bipolar Disorder
- Dr. Lars Kessing, Denmark, presenting on Early Intervention in Bipolar Disorders/Specialized Treatment in a Mood Disorders Clinic
- Prof. Michael Berk, Australia, presenting on Novel Therapies: Translation, Validation and Implementation
- Prof. L. Trevor Young, Canada, presenting on The Role of Biomarkers in Clinical Practice: Lessons from Bipolar Disorder
- Prof. Jun Soo Kwon, South Korea, presenting on Neuroimaging Studies in Subjects at Ultra-High Risk for Psychosis
The meeting will also serve as a hub for presentation of advances in Asian psychiatry, with a pre-conference East Asian satellite program, including Japanese and Chinese satellites, and regional poster session on March, 18th. The meeting will also feature other core aspects of the ISBD meetings, including presentation of ISBD task force data, brainstorming sessions, interactive workshops, and symposia organized by our colleagues in other academic and advocacy organizations, including the International Society for Affective Disorders (ISAD) and the International Bipolar Foundation (IBPF). ISBD will offer the premier opportunity for bipolar education in 2014 and we hope you will join us for what will surely be an outstanding meeting.
See you in Seoul!